We carry out cylinder head rework on site & this includes but is not exhaustive to pressure testing, re-surfacing, valves supplied & fitted, guides replaced & valve seats cut & replaced.
We have all makes of reconditioned cylinder heads on the shelf. All sold on an exchange basis with a surcharge – returnable upon receipt of the complete old unit.
Below is an example of the work carried out on our reconditioned heads
Cylinder Head – Reconditioned
- Every cylinder head is inspected for cracks
- Engines with OHC configurations have the camshaft bores measured for size, ovality, taper and alignment and are either restored to OEM specification or scrapped
- Valve guides are measured for wear and either resized or renewed to conform to original tolerances
- Valve seats are machined to retain the correct seat angles, widths, valve heights and valve seating concentric with the centre line of the valve guide bore
- Valves are examined for damage, head thickness and stem wear and replaced or machined as necessary
- All valve springs are tested for squareness, free height and compressed load length
- Cylinder heads are checked for distortion and thickness
- When machining the cylinder head face, attention is paid to maintaining the surface finish specified by the gasket manufacturer.